Ray Martin Quits

After 30 years at Nine, Ray Martin has quit the network.

With reports of his discontent last year – before the reinstatement of David Gyngell as network chief executive – the snubbing of his pitch for a chat show and the earlier start time for the Sunday programme, it’s not much of a surprise.

Martin began at the network as a reporter on 60 Minutes, continuing as host of Midday and A Current Affair, with any number of special hosting gigs thrown in over the years.

Both David Gyngell and Martin claim it’s an amicable split.

Full report from AAP at NineMSN

4 Comments

  1. Wow. The loss of Ray has obviously struck a real chord with the Boxcutters family!

  2. I think Ray is a little past his use-by date, so we don’t really care!

    That said, my friend linked his blog into the John Safran vs Ray Martin video here:

    http://stormthebarricade.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/the-greatest-day-in-australian-tv-history/

    Incidentally, Safran was the reason I started listening to Boxcutters, back at ep. 4 🙂

  3. What will happen to “Ray Watch” will the segment need renaming ? “Anna Watch” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

  4. catbrain says:

    oh, BOO HOO Ray… plenty of your colleagues have been screwed over in the last few years and you’ve sat back and said nothing in their defence. As a supposedly senior and well-respected journalist at the network, surely you’d be sticking up for them? Well, you should’ve seen it coming.

    Amicable, my arse.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *